The Western Dairyland Business Center is offering a limited micro-grant for local entrepreneurs
Posted: January 30, 2023
Good news: The Western Dairyland Business Center is offering a limited micro-grant for local entrepreneurs (max. $1,000 per applicant)!
Interested individuals should email a brief description of their business idea to email@example.com AND apply for 1-on-1 counseling. Western Dairyland has a limited amount of funding to offer up to 8 grants. Applications will be reviewed on a FIRST COME FIRST SERVED BASIS.
How the Program Works
- After applying for counseling and being notified that you are eligible, you will work with a staff member to evaluate your business idea.
- If your business idea is deemed feasible, you will work with a Western Dairyland business counselor to create a business plan.
- Once a business is considered launched, the counselor you are working with will arrange to have Western Dairyland purchase up to $1,000 in supplies or services for your start-up. We can also reimburse purchases made by you.
IMPORTANT: IF YOU CHOOSE TO BE REIMBURSED, YOU MUST MAKE SURE YOU WORK WITH YOUR BUSINESS COUNSELOR TO MAKE SURE THE PURCHASE IS ELIGIBLE. Your counselor will work with you and explain what is and isn’t eligible.
Things to Know
- Funds will not be released until the balance of the project is secured.
- Funds can only be used for business and start-up-related expenses. Whether something is eligible or not will be determined by Western Dairyland.
- Previous Western Dairyland Grant Recipients aren’t eligible.
- Be located in one of the following counties: Barron, Buffalo, Clark, Chippewa, Dunn, Eau Claire, Jackson, Pepin, Pierce, St. Croix, or Trempealeau.
- Be in the early stages of starting a business (I.E., not currently in business).
- You must work with a Western Dairyland Business Counselor to create a business plan and financial projections.
You are not eligible for the grant if one of the following is true:
- You have already launched and are running your business.
- You’ve received grant funding from the Western Dairyland Business Center before.
- You are in an industry related to CBD or Hemp production or prurient in nature.