7 Rivers Alliance
The 7 Rivers Alliance brings together public and private resources to forge entrepreneurial growth, and serves as a clearinghouse of vital information to enhance quality of life in the region.
Applied Technology Center
The CVTC Applied Technology Center in Eau Claire, Wisconsin, is designed to accommodate the development of business start-ups for microfabrication and other advanced manufacturing technologies. Move your project to commercialization faster with access to the latest equipment and technology.
You’ll learn about the top-rated education systems, financial business incentives, affordable housing, culture and music festivals, business parks, workforce training programs, national sporting events and even see what’s new in advanced technologies like micro and nanotechnology.
Northwest Manufacturing Outreach Center (NWMOC)
The NWMOC is a non-profit organization that helps manufacturers be successful through modern tools and strategies such as, Business Assistance, Lean Manufacturing Assistance, and Quality Assistance.
Service Corps of Retired Executives (SCORE)
SCORE is a voluntary team of retired business men and women who meet individually to discuss start-up opportunities and business concerns. The advisors draw on their own extensive corporate experiences and knowledge of resources in the community.
LaCrosse – 608-784-4880 or email email@example.com
Eau Claire – 715- 834-1573 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Small Business Administration
The U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA) was created in 1953 as an independent agency of the federal government to aid, counsel, assist and protect the interests of small business concerns, to preserve free competitive enterprise and to maintain and strengthen the overall economy of our nation.
Small Business Development Center
The SBDC provides businesses with information and guidance concerning business start-up, business plans, cash flow management, accounting, finance, expansion, personnel issues, inventory, marketing, production, and technical expertise. Non-credit programs and seminars are designed for business owners and managers.
UW LaCrosse 608-785-8782 or www.uwlax.edu/sbdc
UW Eau Claire 800-582-5182 or www.uwec.edu/CE/cbs/aboutsbdc.htm
Wisconsin Business Development Finance Corporation
The Wisconsin Business Development (WBD) Finance Corporation was formed to assist small businesses in gaining access to capital in order to grow their businesses, provide job opportunities, and inspire their communities.
Wisconsin Economic Development Association (WEDA)
The WEDA is a 450+ member organization whose primary objective is to increase the effectiveness of individuals involved in the practice of economic development in Wisconsin by encouraging cooperation, exchange of information and promotion of professional skills.
Wisconsin Economic Development Corporation (WEDC)
The Wisconsin Economic Development Corporation (WEDC) nurtures business growth and job creation in Wisconsin by providing resources, technical support, and financial assistance to companies, partners and the communities they serve.
Wisconsin Entrepreneurs Network (WEN)
WEN provides access to the statewide network of entrepreneurial resources and expertise to create new ventures; help grow existing business, and move forward high potential entrepreneurs to enable Wisconsin to be competitive in a global economic environment.
Wisconsin Innovation Network
The Wisconsin Technology Council is the leading catalyst for tech-based development in Wisconsin.
Wisconsin Innovation Service Center – UW - Whitewater
The Wisconsin Innovation Service Center (WISC) specializes in new product and invention assessments and market expansion opportunities for innovative manufacturers, technology businesses, and independent inventors. WISC's research products cover product feasibility, competitive intelligence, distributor assessment, customer satisfaction, and licensing partnerships.
Wisconsin Procurement Institute (WPI)
The Wisconsin Procurement Institute has developed and hosts the government contractor’s community web portal www.B2Gconnect.org. This website provides online information and education, as well as offers a daily bid matching service to Wisconsin businesses and organizations.
Chambers of Commerce/ City Contacts
- Alma: City of Alma 608-685-3330
- Alma Center: Village of Alma Center 715-964-5013
- Arcadia: www.arcadiawi.org or 608-323-2319
- Black River Falls: Chamber of Commerce www.blackrivercountry.net or 715-284-4658
- Black River Falls: Downtown Association www.downtownblackriverfalls.com or 715-284-2503
- Blair Chamber of Commerce 608-989-2517
- Buffalo City: City of Buffalo 608-248-2262
- Cochrane: Village of Cochrane 608-248-2737
- Eau Claire: Chamber of Commerce www.eauclairechamber.org or 715-834-1956
- Fountain City: City of Fountain City 608-687- 7481
- Galesville: www.galesvillewi.com or 608-582-2868
- Hatfield Chamber of Commerce 715-333-8212
- Hixton: Village of Hixton 715-963-2635
- Lake Arbutus Association.: www.lakearbutus.com
- Melrose: Village of Melrose 608-488-4781
- Mondovi: Mondovi Business Assoc. 715-926-3866
- Mondovi: City of Mondovi 715-926-3866
- Nelson: Village of Nelson 715-673-4804
- Osseo: www.cityofosseo.com or 715-597-2207
- Strum: Strum Commercial Club 715-695-3308
- Taylor: Village of Taylor 715-662-3189
- Trempealeau: www.trempealeau.net or 608-534-6780
- Whitehall: www.whitehall-chamber.com or 715-538-4353