Business Center Events
Business Tax Chat
Tuesday, October 23rd, 2018
The Western Dairyland Women’s Business Center, SCORE, and H & R Block invite entrepreneurs and business owners to attend a Business Tax Chat to discuss small business tax preparation questions on Tuesday, October 23rd from 6-8pm the Western Dairyland Business Center in Eau Claire at 418 Wisconsin Street. Tuition is $10. For more information or to register go to the Western Dairyland Business Center, call 715-836-7511 ext. 1171, or visit www.successfulbusiness.org.
The Business Tax Chat is an opportunity for small business owners, particularly individuals who may be filing for the first time, to bring questions about their specific small business tax concerns. Topics covered include:
• Do you have a hobby or are you operating a business?
• How do you differentiate between commuter, business and personal travel to be able to accurately deduct appropriate auto and mileage expenses?
• How do you document and deduct business travel and meals?
• How do you identify and calculate home office deductions?
• What is the difference between assets and expenses?
• How and why do you depreciate assets?
• When and how do you report Wisconsin sales tax?
• How much do you need to set aside for employment taxes?
Business Tax Chats will be facilitated by Amy Vik, master tax advisor and enrolled agent for H & R Block with 22 years of experience. H&R Block is a global consumer tax services provider, having prepared more than 680 million tax returns since 1955.
SCORE is a nonprofit association dedicated to helping small businesses get off the ground, grow and achieve their goals through education and mentorship. The Western Wisconsin chapter of SCORE can be reached at https://westernwisconsin.score.org/.
The Western Dairyland Women's Business Center provides individualized and group business training, referrals, financing, technology, and ongoing business case management services to start-up, existing, and expanding businesses.